[Nek5000-users] Makenek compilation problems

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 13 07:33:45 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I am a french student currently doing my final year internship, and a
brand new user of Nek 5k.
So far, I am not yet accustomed parallel calculations, and that is where
my problems might probably come from within the following weeks.

I use two computers at the lab. On my own computer, when I run ./makenek
blah with the following options:/*
*/

    /*IFMPI=true*/
    /*F77="mpif77"*/
    /*CC="mpicc"*/

I have absolutely no problem, the code is compiled. But when I run
./makenek blah with these options on the other one (plus */G="-g"/*), it
doesn't work. I get the followinng warning message:

    */WARNING: Cannot detect compiler specific flags/*
    */      echo  - to promote REAL to 8 bytes/*
    */      echo  - to invoke preprocessor first/*
    */Please edit the makefile and specify the requested compiler flags
    in the P variable!/*

I do not really know which flags I should use... Attached is the
corresponding compiler.out file if needed.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me a hint on what
to do.

Regards,
Jean-Christophe