[Nek5000-users] Calculating wall shear stress and dimensionless wall distances

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 12 13:57:12 CDT 2010

PS -- the way to do this in postx (which assumes you have a .fld file
       structure and not the .f000 file structure) is:

SET PLOT FORMAT
X-Y PLOT
SET OF PROFILES
PLOT

then answer the questions.   You will be prompted for the name of a file
containing the endpoints of each query line -- I usually call it "prof.in"

You can change the line interrogation resolution (i.e., how many sample
points per line) by:

SET ATTRIBUTE
SET RESOLUTION
PROFILE POINTS

1 to 2000 is acceptable.

Note that you get "n+1", so that your spacing is L/n.