[Nek5000-users] Question about method & error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 8 16:12:00 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 15:40 -0500, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Any idea of BCs for the gas phase?

Hi Paul,

For gas phase, a parabolic profile (in the radial direction) would be
fine.  For the outlet, a convective BC should be OK.

> What about the Reynolds number?

The thermocapillary Reynolds number is 2400.  It is defined as:
sigma1*deltaT/(density*Kinematic_Viscosity**2)
where
sigma1 describes the linear variation of the surface tension coefficient
with temperature (i.e., sigma = sigma0 - sigma1*T)

deltaT --> is the temperature difference between the top and bottom
walls

The density of the gas is 1/1000 of the liquid.
The Kinematic_Viscosity of the gas is 1/10 of the liquid.

Cheers,
Frank