[Nek5000-users] Question about method & error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 6 05:56:32 CDT 2010

One striking property of the implemented PN/PN method is that convergence
is ensured for all pairs of approximation spaces. In other words, these spaces do not need be compatible, i.e. they do not need satisfy the LBB condition.

This is in contrast to the implemented PN/PN-2 method. Only compatible spaces for u and p are free of spurious modes.

hth,
Stefan