[Nek5000-users] perturbation mode

Paul Fischer fischer at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 15 11:50:39 CDT 2009

Hi Antonios,

I'll look into this.

One key thing is that the perturbation code is designed
to solve for perturbations about an evolving base flow,
so that one can compute Lyapunov exponents....

You should be able to override this by continually resetting
the base flow to the desired steady state base flow.

We could also likely modify the code to work in the mode
that you desire (i.e., by simply turning off the evolution
of the base flow).

Paul