[Nek5000-users] Three questions

王志成 wangzhicheng at mail.etp.ac.cn
Sat Aug 1 10:09:28 CDT 2009

Hi Stefan

Thank you for your reply!

There are two other issue in the previous email which I hope you can give me any adivice:

1 What I intend   to do is  an accurate simulation of incompressible  turbulent flow  (with heat  transfer)  around cylinders, my question is :is nek5000 suitable for this simulation?
If it is YES, can I use the mesh generate tools included in nek5000 to create mesh for this case?
I know you are working with Cubit, but I think it is not a free mesh generator.

2 Is there any theoretical manual for me to understand the code ?  It seems very difficult for me to understand what exactly the program is doing without a guide.

I have some back ground on FVM, FEM , right now I study  the book "High-order method for incompressible fluid flow" and "Spectral/hp element methods for CFD"

Regards

Zhicheng

2009-08-01

王志成