[mpich-discuss] 回复:Re: ssh passwordless works fine,but mpdboot still needs password.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Jul 17 13:43:08 CDT 2011

Hi Li,

Am 17.07.2011 um 18:12 schrieb greatlzy at sina.com:

> A is my desktop and the main server, B is the slave.
> The same ubuntu desktop edition are installed on both machines.
> I have integrated these two machines' ssh files(id_rsa.pub) into one file(authorized_keys), and put it in '/home/abc/.ssh' on both machines.
> So I can ssh B from A, and ssh A from B without password. Only these two machines, no C.
> I execute the command "mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts" on machine A. Then mpdboot needs B's password.
> As some articles said, may be I need to install a NIS server or something else?

no. You defined the user on both machines with the same UID I assume. NIS is a facility to utilize the same user, hosts, services,... definitions on a bunch of machines, but when you are the only user on this installations it's not necessary.

- Did you enable rsh besides ssh on these machines and it's trying to use rsh instead of ssh in mpdboot?

- You can define on machine A (where you issue mpdboot) a file called ~/.ssh/config with the lines:

Host *
    LogLevel DEBUG

and you should get some output by ssh about the connection's attempt. There are also the debug levels DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 if it's necessary to get even more information.

> Actually, I plan to use PETSc-3.1, the MPICH2-1.0.8 is on PETSc externalpackages website, so I use 1.0.8.
> I am not sure whether the latest MPICH2-1.4 is compatible with the latest PESTc-3.1

As they just use MPI in their application and MPI is a defined standard, it should work with all versions of several MPI implementations. So I see no reason why they should be bound to MPICH2-1.0.8. If you compile MPICH2 beforehand, it seems to be necesary to tell it with --with-mpi-dir= the location of the compilation. There is also a FAQ http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-2/documentation/faq.html#use-mpi although I would disregard the last sentence there, as besides MPI you can also use OpenMP to implement parallelism as long as you stay on one machine.

NB: I see even only 1.0.4p1 mentioned on their website.

-- Reuti