[mpich-discuss] ssh passwordless works fine, but mpdboot still needs password.

greatlzy greatlzy at sina.com
Sun Jul 17 00:33:53 CDT 2011

ssh passwordless works fine, but mpdboot still needs password.

I want to setup a local network MPI environment (only 2 machines).

I have set the same username(abc) and the same password(123) on machine A and machine B ,and ssh passworless works fine on both side.

I installed the mpich2 on machine A (/mpich), the file .mpd.conf is in /home/abc , the file mpd.hosts is in /mpich.
and export the dir (/mpich) and /home/abc using NFS server,then machine B mounts them to /mpich and /home/mpich respectively.

In machine A, the command "mpdboot -n 2 -f /cluster/mpd.hosts" prompts to intput the password of the user abc on machineB, when I input the passwrod '123', mpd starts successfully.

Why mpdboot needs abc at machineB's password? What should I do?

Thanks a lot

ubuntu 11.04
mpich2-1.0.8

Li Zhiyu