[mpich-discuss] unable to connect

Serkan Karakulak serkankarakulak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:50:55 CDT 2011

Hi

I've just installed mpich 2.14 and tried to run a hello world program but I
couldn't get it run properly. Windows XP is installed on both machines, I've
used the same passphrase on both of them ('behappy' by default) and mpich
versions are same.

Names of the machines are serkan-hp and serkan-pc. When I run the command
"mpiexec -n 1 c:\mpiexp\mpiexp.exe" the result is as it should be, "Process
0 on serkan-hp out of 1" But when I run the command "mpicexec -hosts 2
serkan-pc serkan-hp c:\mpiexp\mpiexp.exe" on serkan-hp, then I get the
following error "Abort: Unable to connect to serkan-pc"

The result of the command "smpd -status" on the machine serkan-hp is "smpd
is running on serkan-hp". "smpd -status serkan-pc" results with "smpd
running on serkan-pc". Also validations give SUCCESS as result. I can't find
where the problem is.