[mpich-discuss] Benchmarks Using Allgather

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:43:59 CDT 2011

Can you describe your optimizations in some more detail?  I know a few
codes that use MPI_Allgather often but in different ways.  Will the
improvement be in latency or bandwidth?  Are they scalable to >100,000
ranks?

Not all parallel matrix multiplication algorithms use MPI_Allgather,
by the way.  The best I have seen lately uses mostly MPI_Bcast.

Jeff