[mpich-discuss] unable to get host address

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 00:14:21 CST 2011

Hi Alex and Pavan,

I happen to have an out-of-the-box MacBook here on which I was testing
some non-MPI software and was noticing, coincidentally, some
hostname-related quirks that didnt seem quite standard, at least as
per my Linux-biased expectations of POSIXness. This broke a few
(unrelated) programs until workarounds were added, and I thought might
be misleading hydra similarly.

That said, I just tried and failed to reproduce Alex's problem. Got
latest stable MPICH2 sources, configured (all as per defaults except a
--prefix and --disable'ing Fortran). Built OK, added bin to PATH at
the front (to ensure priority over the built-in OpenMPI), and compiled
a few of the examples manually. Ran them using your syntax; all worked
fine, no problem whatsoever.

My $.02, just in case this helps rule out anything.

Cheers,
Nicolás