[mpich-discuss] unable to get host address

Alex Theiakos Alexios.Theiakos at student.uva.nl
Tue Feb 22 19:53:50 CST 2011

Hello fellas,

I configured and installed MPICH2-1.3.2p1 yesterday but I cant get my applications neither any of the examples to run. The source compiles without an error but when I try to run them with mpiexec -n 2 a.out I get an error:

 HYDU_sock_is_local (./utils/sock/sock.c:483): unable to get host address (No such file or directory)
 main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:343): unable to check if lelos is local

I was using my default mpi installation before without a problem (macbook installation)

Thx for the support!