[mpich-discuss] ssh\network problem

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 05:15:33 CST 2011

> (Your ping results suggests that they are not connected, or cannot
> resolve each other's name, but may be something else.)

Gustavo, my interpretation of the OP was that names do resolve, boxes
are connected or at least not getting the no-route error he'd expect
on his platform, yet no ping goes thru.

Sounds like it could be about anything from firewall to misnaming,
misconfig, faulty link, bad driver -- go figure. All off-topicness
aspects aside, I still think Hatem would be much better off if he
could get a local sysadmin or some friend to take a look in person or
assist by phone.

Cheers,
Nicolás