[mpich-discuss] ssh\network problem

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 13:20:11 CST 2011

Hello,

Your problem seems related to basic TCP/IP and/or firewall
configuration issues (or even lower-level, e.g. broken Ethernet link)
that you'll need to address or rule out before anything ssh-specific.

Unfortunately we can't help you with this based on the little
information provided, and even if you did provide the necessary
details, it would be off-topic: this list is about MPICH2, not a help
desk on how to set up basic networking, and assumes that you can get
basic stuff like passwordless ssh working on your own, let alone ping
or IP stack configuration. There's just too many factors involved, and
too many people around who could answer this better than us.

I suggest you try getting local help from someone close to you that
can go through the steps involved with you until you get the basics
sorted out.

Good luck,
Nicolás