[mpich-discuss] How to config mpiexec use rsh as default bootstrap?

Steven Sutphen ssutphen at ualberta.ca
Fri Feb 18 11:33:38 CST 2011

Limin,
This sounds like a bug that I helped to track down--in my case mpiexec
blew up in
if I set either of the HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP environment variables.  The problem
was that the some of the environment variable handling allocates some
memory that is freed up in some tail code that is common to all the
environment variables the HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP* environment parsing does
not allocate any memory so the pointer used later to free it contains garbage.
Pavan developed a patch that worked for me (after a little hand-to-hand
combat with one chunk of the patch as the patch was not developed with
exactly the same files as were distributed in tarball.  I have attached
the patch, but try it at your own discretion.
    steve.