[mpich-discuss] How to config mpiexec use rsh as default bootstrap?

Limin Gu lgu at penguincomputing.com
Fri Feb 18 10:39:48 CST 2011

Hi,

I have successfully built and run mpich 1.3.2 on our cluster. But since we
rather use bprsh (rsh like) between nodes, I have to specify the bootstrap
at mpiexec command line, like this:

mpiexec -bootstrap rsh -bootstrap-exec /usr/bin/bprsh

It works, but is there a way that I can make rsh as the default bootstrap in
some config file, so I don't have to specify that on every mpiexec command?

I have tried to set HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP and HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP_EXEC environment
variables, that didn't work.

Thank you!

Limin