[mpich-discuss] 'make testing' fails on a pvfs2 filesystem.

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 15 09:13:46 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 01:33:18PM +0900, 전경원 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I attached the test result of 'src'mpi/romio/'. It seems that the failed
> tests are related with the shared file pointer and ordered mode. This time,
> I used gfortran-4.3 for the Fortran compiler(i.e. F77=/usr/bin/gfortran
> FC=/usr/bin/gfortran ./configure --with-file-system="pvfs2+nfs+ufs"). Other
> configurations are the same.

- async-multiple and PVFS2 has been a long-standing irritant. Thanks
  for confirming it's still broken.

- atomicity is a known failure for PVFS2: that file system cannot
  support MPI-IO atomic mode

- misc, fmisc: see atomicity

- shared_fp, ordered_fp: known problem (unsupported mode)

So I would say your PVFS and MPI installation is looking great.  The
next step is to try out a real application.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA