[mpich-discuss] 'make testing' fails on a pvfs2 filesystem.

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 14 08:58:36 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 09:23:36PM +0900, 전경원 wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I installed pvfs2-2.8.3 and mpich2-1.3.2 on Debian 5.0.6. Our pvfs2
> installation was verified using pvfs2-{ping,cp,ls} as mentioned in the
> manual. Also, mpich2 installation passed the 'make testing' verification on
> the nfs filesystem. But, the io section of 'make teting' procedure, fails on
> pvfs2 filesystem. Only four tests:
> test/mpi/io{getextent,i_noncontig,async,userioerr}, passed without error.
> Even more test/mpi/io/async_any produces error messages on the
> pvfs2-server.log as:

thanks for the bug report and the log.

There are some MPI-IO features that are not supported on PVFS:
- Shared file pointers requre explicit file locks, which PVFS does not
  suport
- Orderd mode also relies on the shared file pointer, so that's not
  supported either

Can you try out the tests in 'src/mpi/romio' ?   you can just do a
"runtests -fname=/pvfs/whatever"

For the async I/O test we might have to get the orangefs guys
involved.

==rob

--
Rob Latham