[mpich-discuss] Error when compiling with mpif90

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 10 12:35:08 CST 2011

What Fortran compiler are you using?  Is your application compiled with "mpif90"?  Are you sure that it's the MPICH2 mpif90 script and not the one from the system-installed Open MPI in /usr/bin/mpif90?

Those error messages are strange.  I think that indicate your compiler is producing assembly code that contains ELF-specific code, even though Darwin uses the Mach-O binary format.  What adding "-show" to your failing mpif90 compile command yield?

-Dave