[mpich-discuss] Error when compiling with mpif90

Brandt Belson bbelson at princeton.edu
Wed Feb 9 22:54:29 CST 2011

Hello,
I'm a relatively new user of MPICH2. I installed it and tried to compile a
fortran code on mac OS 10.6. The code has compiled on linux machines before
with other MPI libraries. I configured with:

./configure --enable-sharedlibs=osx-gcc --prefix=/usr/local/mpich2
--enable-f77 --enable-fx --enable-shared

The installation seemed to go well, I installed to /usr/local/mpich2 and set
my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables to match this. When compiling, I also
included the folder with -I/usr/local/mpich2/include. However, I get this
strange looking (at least to me) error message.

/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee++2ZO++-7KU/-Tmp-//ccVkj3hf.s:595:junk
`@PLTOFF' after expression
/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee++2ZO++-7KU/-Tmp-//ccVkj3hf.s:608:junk
`@GOTOFF' after expression
(many more of the same thing)
make: *** [bla.o] Error 1

I tried restarting my computer thinking there might be temporary files that
would be deleted, but I got the same error. Has anyone else had a similar
problem and found a solution?

Thanks,
Brandt