[mpich-discuss] installation MPICH2

Valerio Martorelli v.martorelli at ids-spa.it
Thu Feb 10 09:04:15 CST 2011

No, there is no reason.
I'm just writing a report about the configuration of a cluster with MPI.

Thanks a lot,

Valerio

Il 10/02/2011 15.05, Jayesh Krishna ha scritto:
> Hi,
>   The MPICH2 installer basically copies the required libs/dlls/headers to appropriate locations and installs the process manager for you. You can perform these steps manually, however it is not preferred/supported since unless you know exactly what you are doing you can create a nightmare for yourself.
>   There are multiple dlls (for different channels, fotran, mpe etc) installed by MPICH2 in your system. You will have to copy all the dlls to the other machine, install SMPD manually (making sure that you are installing the same version as of the dlls). Moreover unless you copy libs/headers/utils (of the same version as the dlls, SMPD etc) you won't be able to compile/run your program from a system.
>   Is there any reason you don't want to use the installer ?
>
> Regards,
> Jayesh

*_Valerio Martorelli_*
*Computational EM and Antenna Design Lab
System Analyst*
*IDS **Ingegneria Dei Sistemi S.p.A -
*URL:___<<<__http://www.idscompany.it/__>>>_
Rome Branch Office:Via Flaminia, 1068 - 00189 Roma - Italy
***Phone*: (+39) 06 33 217 404 *
****e-mail: v.martorelli at ids-spa.it <mailto:p.rossi at ids-spa.it>*

*Capitale Sociale 7.500.000 Euro i.v. – C.C.I.A.A. Pisa, R.E.A. n° 77042
- C.F. 00672210507 – P. IVA (VAT) IT 00672210507**
**Share Capital 7.500.000 euro fully paid – registered at the Pisa
Chamber of Commerce,**R.E.A. n. 77042  –
Tax number and VAT code (IT) 0067221050*

*/This email and any attachments are confidential and is intended only
for the use of the intended //addressee/////*

*/thereof. If you are not the intended addressee, please be aware that
any use, //disclosure//, distribution and/or /*

*/copying of this communication, either whole or partial, //is//strictly
prohibited. If you receive this communication /*

*/in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
computer.///*

**