[mpich-discuss] Problem with spawning child with same executable name

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 5 04:03:02 CST 2011

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. This is what I did (attached is
a slightly modified Spawn.c):

% mpicc Spawn.c -o Spawn

% mpicc SpawnChild.c -o SpawnChild

% mpiexec ./Spawn ./Spawn
Start process 0 of 1 on snowflake in universe of 1

% mpiexec ./Spawn ./SpawnChild
Start process 0 of 1 on snowflake in universe of 1

% mpiexec -n 2 ./Spawn ./Spawn
Start process 1 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 1
Start process 0 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 1

% mpiexec -n 2 ./Spawn ./SpawnChild
Start process 0 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 1
Start process 1 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 1

% mpiexec -n 2 -hosts localhost,127.0.1.1 ./Spawn ./Spawn
Start process 1 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 2
Start process 0 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 2

% mpiexec -n 2 -hosts localhost,127.0.1.1 ./Spawn ./SpawnChild
Start process 1 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 2
Start process 0 of 2 on snowflake in universe of 2

What am I missing?

  -- Pavan