[mpich-discuss] mpich2 with ifort and -i8 -r8

Pierre-Olivier Dallaire pierre-olivier.dallaire at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 4 13:08:51 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to compile mpich2 with Fortran support and also with options "-i8 -r8" for the
ifort compiler (intel) / however, I'm getting this :

configure: error: Fortran integers and C ints are not the same size.  The current Fortran binding does not support this case.  Either force the Fortran compiler to use integers of 4 bytes, or use --disable-f77 on the configure line for MPICH2.

Trying to disable f77 does not work / is there anything else I can do ? I absolutely need to convert
the real and integers.

Regards,

PO