[mpich-discuss] Building MPICH2-1.3.2 on Windows

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 4 09:47:25 CST 2011

Hi,
 Yes, the Microsoft HPC Pack is required for 32-bit and 64-bit builds. Although we haven't updated the documentation yet, you can launch MPI jobs on Microsoft HPC clusters by using the "-ms_hpc" option of mpiexec. This requires the MS HPC SDK.
 Although the current VS project files are for VS 2005 I do MPICH2 builds using VS 2008 and VS 2010 for testing purposes using the maint/winbuild.wsf script (the script sets some environment required for makefile and invokes nmake on the Windows makefile). You will currently need to do the following to build MPICH2 using VS 2008/2010,

# Run the windows configure script (cscript winconfigure.wsf --cleancode)
# Change directory to the directory containing the Windows makefile (cd winbuild)
# Invoke the winbuild.wsf script from this directory (The first command should give you the options & the second one will build x64 Release version of nemesis module).
  cscript ..\maint\winbuild.wsf /?

  cscript ..\maint\winbuild.wsf --with-cpu=x64 --build=Release --with-appver=5.02 --with-channel=nemesis --disable-profiling --disable-fortran --disable-gcc

Regards,
Jayesh