[mpich-discuss] DataType Problem

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 12:44:38 CST 2011

On 3 Feb 2011, at 18:24, Michele Rosso wrote:

> Then, I have no more problems. Thanks for your help.
> I got a final question: can you suggest me a good tutorial for parallel
> debugging? I know that a lot of people uses gdb(or ddd) for such purpose
> but I am not able to have it work. I do not need something powerful, but
> an easy tool just for simple checking of variables.

If it's a stack-based variable or function parameter then you could use padb, a link is in my signature.  Assuming you only have one parallel job running then the command line you want will be:

$ padb --stack-trace --tree -Ostack-shows-locals=1 -Ostack-shows-params=1 --all

If you have more than one job active then replace --all with the jobid.

Ashley.

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk