[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 can not run on the newest issue of centos and debian

chenjie gu archygu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:21:31 CDT 2011

Dear all,
I find problem when run MPICH2  on the newest issue of centos-5.6 and
debian-6.0, even through I have follows the instruction from debian's
official document.
prerevious I tried MPICH2 on debian 5, there is no such problem.
My procedure is as follows:
I  built a Bewolf Cluster between 6 nodes of our serve (HP
Proliant G460 G7), and installed the MPICH2 on one node (assuming at
/mirror),
./configure --prefix=/mirror/mpich CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort
make 2>&1
make install 2>&1

using NFS, the directory of /mirror was successfully exported to the rest of
5 nodes. Now as I test the mpirun, it runs very well on a single node,
however it hangs across multiple nodes.
Also I have built the passphraseless ssh-keys connection between each other.

Now the problem is that even I use the mpd, boot the nodes(those nodes are
in the list, and there is no warning during the booting), however when I run
the mpirun, what
ever how much n I set, all the process will be run at the local nodes.
I am not sure what are blocking the data exchange between the nodes, by the
way, I have set the iptables to accept then data.
Any suggestion is appreciate,

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
ArchyGU