[mpich-discuss] mpi-io mkdir

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Apr 2 09:43:10 CDT 2011

No, it's the MPI Forum. http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/. It is organized into working groups and mailing lists for various chapters being added/updated for MPI-3. You can go to the Wiki and add the proposal as a ticket at https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/report/1?sort=ticket&asc=1&page=2. You can see other tickets for what a proposal looks like. A proposal needs justification for why this feature is needed in MPI-3, details of the proposed interface and semantics, and someone (the proposal author or anyone else) who is willing to pursue the process of pushing it through the Forum (initial discussions, first reading, two official votes at separate meetings). MPI-3 also requires a sample open-source implementation of the new features before the final vote.

Rajeev