[mpich-discuss] Clock synchronization

Ravi Prakash ravihoo at ymail.com
Fri Apr 1 23:28:18 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm a n00b and I'm wondering if there is any documentation on what clock synchronization algorithm MPICH2 uses. I need to trigger events at the same time across multiple machines. What accuracy am I looking at?

My machines are Windows Vista boxes with Dual dual-core Xeons connected by an ethernet 100Mbps LAN. Please let me know if there are any more relevant factors needed for an approximate figure. Is it a few ms / 10's of ms / 100's of ms / god forbid seconds? :)

Cheers
Ravi