[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 1.3: Problem with building several acrchitectrues from same source directory

Yauheni Zelenko zelenko at cadence.com
Mon Oct 25 15:46:10 CDT 2010

Hi!

I download MPICH2 1.3 and build 32 and 64 bits Linux versions from same source directory. Sure, I did ./configure for architecture change.

Builds are failed on examples directory on cpi because existing object file (cpi.o) are inconsistent with current architecture. It's only example which are built. make clean also didn't remove existing object. So it's necessary to remove it manually

I didn't encounter this problem with 1.3rc1 and early development builds.

I think will be good idea if somebody with Automake expertise will look into this problem.

Eugene.