[mpich-discuss] -mpe=mpitrace not producing any output, and Valgrind outputs on r3717

James S Perrin james.s.perrin at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 09:16:25 CST 2009

Hi,

	I too am having problems with -mpe=mpitrace, ironically I was trying to
use it to analyse the speed issue with nemesis. All I get in the way of
output is :

[0] Ending MPI_Finalize
[1] Ending MPI_Finalize
[3] Ending MPI_Finalize
[2] Ending MPI_Finalize
[4] Ending MPI_Finalize

I can't downsize my code unfortunately and I get start and end messages
for MPI calls when I compile cpi. However if this option is equivalent
the the MPE -mpitrace option

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich1/docs/mpeman/node7.htm#Node8

should it also be printing out some accumulated times as well?

Regards
James

François PELLEGRINI wrote:
> Hello and happy new year to all,
>
> Several topics are addressed in this e-mail.
>
> First, I have trouble using the "mpitrace" feature of MPE.
> I compile all of my source code with "mpicc -mpe=mpitrace",
> and link the objects with "-ltmpe", but absolutely no output
> is produced when I run the compiled program. This both happens
> with the official 1.0.8 and r3717 packages. What did I do
> wrong ?

   James S. Perrin
   Visualization

   Research Computing Services