[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 v.1.2.1 build error; -Switch case constants must be unique

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 11 18:41:14 CST 2009

Hi Ray,

It sounds like you have found a bug in our optional type handling
code, specifically with respect to the new C99 complex types that were
added for MPI-2.2 support.  What version of the PGI compilers are you
using?

In order to figure out what's really going on here, I'll need to take
a look at your config.log.  Would you please file a bug report for
this at:

http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/newticket

and attach your config.log to the new ticket?

In the very short term, you should hopefully be able to get around
this problem by deleting lines 200-211 from src/mpi/coll/oputil.h
(reproduced below for clarity).

Thanks,
-Dave

--------8<--------
    200	#if defined(HAVE_FLOAT__COMPLEX)
    201	#  undef MPIR_OP_TYPE_MACRO_HAVE_C_FLOAT_COMPLEX
    202	#  define
MPIR_OP_TYPE_MACRO_HAVE_C_FLOAT_COMPLEX(mpi_type_,c_type_)
MPIR_OP_C_COMPLEX_TYPE_MACRO(mpi_type_,c_type_)
    203	#endif
    204	#if defined(HAVE_DOUBLE__COMPLEX)
    205	#  undef MPIR_OP_TYPE_MACRO_HAVE_C_DOUBLE_COMPLEX
    206	#  define
MPIR_OP_TYPE_MACRO_HAVE_C_DOUBLE_COMPLEX(mpi_type_,c_type_)
MPIR_OP_C_COMPLEX_TYPE_MACRO(mpi_type_,c_type_)
    207	#endif
    208	#if defined(HAVE_LONG_DOUBLE__COMPLEX)
    209	#  undef MPIR_OP_TYPE_MACRO_HAVE_C_LONG_DOUBLE_COMPLEX
    210	#  define
MPIR_OP_TYPE_MACRO_HAVE_C_LONG_DOUBLE_COMPLEX(mpi_type_,c_type_)
MPIR_OP_C_COMPLEX_TYPE_MACRO(mpi_type_,c_type_)
    211	#endif