[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 v.1.2.1 build error; -Switch case constants must be unique

Ray Sheppard rsheppar at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 11 15:09:53 CST 2009

Hi,
   I have run into some trouble.  Orginally, I hit this error using pgf90
and pgcc to build MPICH on an Intel based cluster:

PGC-S-0083-Switch case constants must be unique (opsum.c: 57)
PGC-S-0083-Switch case constants must be unique (opsum.c: 94)

This turned out to be using: MPIR_OP_TYPE_GROUP() for both (COMPLEX) and
(COMPLEX_EXTRA).  So, I just thought I would comment out the
(COMPLEX_EXTRA) line and see what happens. What happened is that the
package stumbles again in opprod.c.  I have not yet found an
explanation or a fix in your documentation.  So, I am writing to ask
how I can make it work.  Thanks.
                                         Ray
--
                          Respectfully,
                            Ray Sheppard
                            RSheppar at indiana.edu
                            http://rac.uits.iu.edu/hpc/
                            317-274-0016

                    Principal Analyst
                    High Performance Applications
                    Research Technologies
                    University Information Technological Services
                    IUPUI campus
                    Indiana University

          My "pithy" saying since everyone has one these days:
              5 tons phytoplankton = 1 pound fish.
              -- Please help protect the environment.