[mpich-discuss] Need some help getting mpich to work

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 4 17:19:17 CST 2009

On 12/04/2009 12:31 AM, Hung-Hsun Su wrote:
> Yes, I am able to ssh to compute-0-1 from alpha and then ssh back to alpha.

Ok, at least the machine is accessible. My second guess would be a
firewall setup. Do you have one setup on alpha? Anything that's
preventing compute-0-1 from accessing random ports on alpha?
Specifically, in your previous run compute-0-1 was trying access port
34563 on alpha (this port is dynamically generated).

Btw, you can restrict the ports Hydra uses by using the environment
variable: MPICH_PORT_RANGE (the README has more information on this).

 -- Pavan