[mpich-discuss] Need some help getting mpich to work

Hung-Hsun Su su at hcs.ufl.edu
Fri Dec 4 00:31:12 CST 2009

Pavan Balaji wrote:
> On 12/02/2009 07:07 PM, Hung-Hsun Su wrote:
>
>>> % mpiexec.hydra -verbose -f /home/su/mpd.hosts -n 124 hostname
>>>

>> I've attached the output file from executing the above command. Noted
>> that I have to kill the process cause it just freezes. This is the same
>> kind of behavior that I am seeing before: for some reason anything
>> beyond compute node 0 is not running.
>>

> Is the host you are launching from (alpha.hcs.ufl.edu) accessible from
> the compute nodes? That is, can you ssh from compute-0-1 to
> alpha.hcs.ufl.edu?
>
>  -- Pavan

Yes, I am able to ssh to compute-0-1 from alpha and then ssh back to alpha.

Hung-Hsun

[su at alpha ~]$ ssh compute-0-1
Last login: Fri Dec  4 01:20:27 2009 from alpha.local
Rocks Compute Node
Rocks 4.3 (Mars Hill)
Profile built 15:07 29-Oct-2007

Kickstarted 15:15 29-Oct-2007
[su at compute-0-1 ~]$ ssh alpha
Last login: Fri Dec  4 01:21:24 2009 from sunset.hcs.ufl.edu
Rocks Frontend Node - Alpha Cluster
Rocks 4.3 (Mars Hill)

Profile built 18:33 30-Aug-2007
Kickstarted 15:09 30-Aug-2007
[su at alpha ~]$

Sincerely,

Hung-Hsun Su

Ph.D. Student, UPC Group Leader, Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant
High-performance Computing and Simulation (HCS) Research Laboratory
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering , University of Florida,
Gainesville, FL 32611-6200
Email: su at hcs.ufl.edu, hunghsun at ufl.edu