[mpich-discuss] running job using ipoib through mpirun_rsh

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 1 22:56:30 CST 2009

Devesh,

Are you running MPICH2-1.0.8p1 on top of IPoIB or MVAPICH2?

If you have IB, you should really use it natively, instead of going
through TCP/IP (IPoIB). You can download MVAPICH2 for this.

If you still need to use MPICH2 over IPoIB, you should download the
latest version of MPICH2 (1.2.1) and use the Hydra process manager
instead (mpiexec.hydra instead of mpiexec).

 -- Pavan