[MPICH] Windows distrib and Myrinet questions

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 28 16:15:09 CDT 2007

Hi,
 To use the shared memory channel on windows specify "-channel shm" as an
argument to the mpiexec command (Refer to the windows developer's guide
available at http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/ for more details).
 MPICH2 on windows currently supports sock (tcp socket), shm (shared memory)
& ssm (sockets & shared memory) channels. Currently support for Myrinet is
not available on windows. However on linux you can use the nemesis channel
in MPICH2 (configure with nemesis:mx) to use Myrinet.
 We are planning to port nemesis to Windows in future (tentative date should
be mid next year) and then Myrinet support would be available on windows.

Regards,
Jayesh