[MPICH] Windows distrib and Myrinet questions

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Thu Jun 28 15:54:57 CDT 2007

On Jun 28, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Patrick Gräbel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does the MPICH2 Windows binary distribution (installer file)
> communicate
> via sock only? Do I have to compile it by myself to get local
> communication use shared memory?
>
> What's the status on Myrinet support for MPICH2? Am I able to use it
> with ordinary PCs if I buy a PICe Myrinet NIC, suitable cables and
> switches? Is it that simple?
>
> Greetings,
> Patrick.

As for your second set of questions, we posted a beta of MPICH2-MX
today. :-)

I do not have the URL for download, but you can get it from
help at myri.com. You can use it with PCI-Express Myri-10G NICs as well
as PCI-X Myrinet-2000 NICs. It requires MX-1.2.1 which was posted a
few days ago.

Scott

--
Scott Atchley