[MPICH] getting gcc 4.2 easily without root access

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Sun Jun 10 10:53:21 CDT 2007

It's not too hard to build gcc 4.2 with gfortran and g++. It is
time consuming though :) Here are the options I used to build
it:

./configure --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran --enable-libgomp

The last option is for OpenMP libraries. I installed it in the
standard locations (/usr/local), but if you want to install it in
your /home then look at the --prefix= option.

Give it a try!

Jeff