[MPICH] Status of MPICH2 wrt collective communications

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 16 13:05:15 CDT 2007

The paper you refer to describes most of the recent stuff. As far as I
remember, there have only been minor updates since then (MPICH2 1.0, not
0.971). In any case, upgrading to the latest MPICH2 should give you better
performance than MPICH 1.2.6 because even the basic communication is faster.
In MPICH2, you can see the cutoff points in src/include/mpiimpl.h under
MPIR_BCAST_SHORT_MSG etc. In MPICH-1, they are at the top of
src/coll/intra_fns_new.c

Rajeev