[MPICH] VIsualization ???

Ralph Pass rppass at rppass.com
Fri Apr 13 14:26:10 CDT 2007

I am trying to get a separate process (visualizer) to connect to a
server for computation of results to be visualized).  I am tyring to
emulate the code in Using MPI-2 (I downloaded the version yesterday).

I try to publish the name of the computation program and then accept a comm.

On the visualizer side I try to lookup the name.

I am using C++ on a Windows XP system.

I run the computation program (using mpiexec to start it) and it is fat
and dumb, awaiting a connection  and then a data transfer.

On the visualization side, when I try the lookup call [looks like:
MPI_Lookup_name("ImageProcessing", MPI_INFO_NULL, mMPIPortName);]

I get an error return: 536999969.  When I convert this to a string, I get:

Error message Invalid service name (see MPI_Publish_name), error stack:
MPID_NS_Lookup(70): Lookup failed for service name ImageProcessing

I start the computation with mpiexec -n 4 processing

and the visualizer with

mpiexec -localonly 1 visualizer

Any help or comments? (Like you need to start the two programs in the
same mpiexec command)

Thanks

Ralph Pass