[POOL] Argonne Pool League Week 1

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Nov 4 09:43:41 CST 2020

Week 1 is complete and I feel things went very well.  Certainly everyone had a good time and I was very pleased that everyone complied with the mask policy.  In addition, the place was pretty quite so there was plenty of room for social distancing and many people were able to stay beyond their prescribed match.  Thank you everyone for following the rules, I’ve seen and heard of a lot of leagues in action recently and I believe ours is the safest venue of any.  Please remain vigilant.  While I got quite a bit of feedback in appreciation of how everyone complied, I would like to hear from anyone who has suggestion on how we can make things better.  If anyone shares them with me, I’ll keep them confidential.  If you want a more anonymous feedback mechanism perhaps you might put a note in the pool box we usually have on league night.

We had a few teams that couldn’t field 4 because of self-quarantines due to potential exposures.  Thanks to all for being diligent.  Please keep your team captains and opponents informed so people don’t need to come out when they don’t have a match.  At this point we are suspending all make up match penalties.  Because our teams have very few back ups, we will have make up matches.  It is also possible to play matches a week ahead when we know there will be a someone that can’t make it.  At this point, we will not do more than one week ahead as the logistics get a little difficult.

Attached are next weeks matches.  Team 4 has a new team lead, Glenn Turner, glenn at buckskinstudios.com<mailto:glenn at buckskinstudios.com>, so work with him when you schedule their team.  Also, a few teams have expressed difficulty in making the 4pm time slot.  This should not be a problem as we have plenty of time in the night to get the matches in.  If you have scheduling problem, trying to get a time that works for each team, please try to find the best compromise, you can talk to Karle or I if you need some help.

You will also find the results from last night, the stats, the scoresheets for next week, and the team standings.  If anything changes on the Q availability, I’ll let you know.  Good luck to all.

Week    Date    Table 1 Table 2 Table 3 Table 4
Number

2       10-Nov-20       4       -       8       5       -       6       1       -       2       3       -       7