[POOL] Fwd: Argonne Pool League Virtual Cocktail Party on Zoom

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Tue May 5 16:59:55 CDT 2020

Just wanted to share a tribute from George Norek, Dave’s last opponent.  Thanks George.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "George Norek" <george.norek at comcast.net<mailto:george.norek at comcast.net>>
Subject: RE: Argonne Pool League Virtual Cocktail Party on Zoom
Date: May 4, 2020 at 5:32:36 PM CDT
To: "'Bass, Dean Allen'" <bass at anl.gov<mailto:bass at anl.gov>>, "'Boggs, Jason N.'" <jboggs at anl.gov<mailto:jboggs at anl.gov>>

Dean and Jason,

Thanks for your kindness and respect for Dave.

Dave was a very smart player, and we always had good matches and respect for each other.  I don’t think either of us minded losing our match.

Dave’s last game – I could tell that Dave health was a little off that night, so I wouldn’t let him rack the balls and I would get him the bridge, so he would be a little more comfortable.  He still enjoyed dishing out the special trash-talk we shared.  Even with Dave won our match, I had another great match with a friend – matches with people like Dave is why I enjoy play pool.

It was interesting how far Dave traveled to be in our league.  Dave said his wife was concerned about the distance he had to travel to play in our league, but from what Dave said, I believe she could tell the tremendous respect Dave had for the Argonne League and players.  This says a lot about the League and people like you running the league.

I wish I could have participated in last week’s Cocktail Party to hear his family’s share their thoughts – thanks for including them.

As always, Dave and I enjoyed a great match – he will be missed.

George Norek, AIA, LEED AP
SENIOR ARCHITECT

[cid:image001.png at 01D6223A.0019B2A0]<http://www.milhouseinc.com/>

555 E. Butterfield Road, Suite 300, Lombard, IL 60604
DIRECT  312-884-8078   OFFICE  312-987-0061
WWW.MILHOUSEINC.COM<http://www.milhouseinc.com/>
[cid:image003.png at 01D6223A.0019B2A0]<https://milhouseinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Sanitization-Flyer-Final-Web.pdf>
SEE HOW MILHOUSE IS HELPING OUR CLIENTS
AND BUSINESS OWNERS GET BACK TO WORK.<https://milhouseinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Sanitization-Flyer-Final-Web.pdf>