[POOL] Argonne Pool League - Week 10

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Mar 11 11:44:21 CDT 2020

Attached are the results, stats, and next week’s scoresheet.

Standings.  Team #8 “Holding Our Own” is still in first place but Cue Therapy is closing in.  The MVP race is in full swing with Brandon Lien and Glenn Keller at the top and a bunch more right behind them.   Still a pretty wide open race.

Play-offs.  The regular season ends April 7 and the playoffs are April 14, 21, and 28th.  The 28th will be our final banquet where we will distribute prize money for the spring session and playoffs.

From our rule book.  Let try to make sure our opponents are aware of the pocket we’re calling.  I’ve noticed many of us getting lax on the indication of where the 8 ball will be pocketed.
4.13. Winning a Game

          A player has won the game when all the balls of his numerical group have been pocketed and he has legally pocketed the 8-ball in a properly marked pocket.

          4.13.1. Marking or Designating the Pocket: To properly mark the pocket, a coaster or some other reasonable object, not chalk, must be placed next to the pocket the 8-ball is intended to enter. Both teams may use the same marker. Only one marker may be on the table. If the marker is already at the intended pocket from a previous attempt or game, it is not necessary for the shooter to touch it, pick it up, or reposition it. The team captains have voted to allow the pocket to be designated verbally or with a pointing motion of the shooter. The shooting player has responsibility to ensure the opposing player has seen and acknowledged the verbal designation.

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking
8       Holdin' Our Own 32      1
1       Cue Therapy     29      2
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      27      3
7       No Sweat        24      4
3       Bass Ackward    23      5
6       X-CUE-SES       23      5
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      22      7
4       Nice Rack       20      8