[POOL] Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Tue Dec 3 23:53:30 CST 2019

We played Bass Ackward tonight, always a tough match-up.

Craig opened play against Don in a 1:5.  Craig was keeping pace with
Don in every game but couldn't get to the 8 before him.  He went down
0:5.

Paul L played the 2nd match against John, a 2:4.  Paul shot well and
kept the pressure on John, but John is the current League MVP lead for
a reason, and he took down Paul, 0:4.

Cari went next up against Dave in a 1:4.  Cari was making some nice
shots, but she's still struggling to find her rhythm.  She went down
0:4.

While Cari was still playing, I (John) went up again Jill in 2:3.  I
was making shots and not giving up ball-in-hand when I missed, and as
a result managed to take out Jill 2:0.

Martino closed out the night against Dean in a 1:9, lucky Martino...
Martino prepped for a long match, thinking of how he'd play a lot of
defense, but he started out on offense by winning the lag, leaving his
ball millimeters from the rail.  And then he must have changed his mind,
'cause on the break, he sank the 8!!!  Match over in 1 min!  Martino
won in dramatic fashion, 1:0!  Check it out at 49:33 on periscope,
https://www.pscp.tv/LeaguePool/1eaKbAOoPpjxX

Another 2 win, 3 loss night.  Better than a no-win night!

John

PS. Craig, I believe you put a $10 in the envelope but didn't take any
    change, so the envelope owes you $3.