[POOL] Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Nov 20 00:59:09 CST 2019

We played No Sweat.  I arrived around 8 so missed the early matches as
usual.

First up was Dererk against Gary in a 1:5, who shut him out, 0:5.

Tami went next against Muhsin in a 3:2.  After trading wins, Tami took
control and won the last 2 games to win the match, 3:1.

The third match was Paul L against Dennis in a 2:6.  Paul was shooting
well and took the 3rd game to get to the hill early.  Dennis was
shooting well too though, and was on-track to get to the hill after
getting to the 8 first in the 6th game while Paul still had most of
his balls on the table.  Paul's balls formed a fortress of solitude
around the 8 though which kept Dennis stymied.  When Dennis tried
breaking the 8 out, he instead ended up knocking the cueball into a
pocket, giving the game and match to Paul, 2:4.

Katie played the 4th match against Steve in a 2:2.  It was a close
match, with Steve winning the first game and Katie the second.  Steve
got out to a quick lead in the hill-hill game, but Katie fought her
way back, having only two balls left on the table when Steve was
shooting on the 8.  Unfortunately, when trying to cut one of her last
balls, Katie missed her target ball, giving Steve ball-in-hand which
he used to sink the 8 and take the match, 1:2.

I closed the night out against Scott in a 3:2.  I was shooting pretty
well, but only managed to sink the 8 once, in the first game.
Nonetheless, that proved to be sufficient, as Scott sank the 8 for me
out of sequence in the 2nd and 3rd games, giving me the match win,
3:0.

So we went 3 of 5 on the night, back on the winning track!  Tami &
Paul were the proud winners of our remaining winnings, earning $7 each
for their winning efforts.