[POOL] Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Nov 6 00:58:09 CST 2019

We're half way through the fall session (week 8), so that means we
start our 2nd round against all the teams.  Tonight we played
X-Cue-Ses for the 2nd time this session.

I was a late arrival (as usual), so I'm light on the details.  You can
always (re)watch the fun on Periscope though:
https://www.periscope.tv/LeaguePool/1BRJjqEkLoZGw

First up was Martino in a 2:3 against George.  The match didn't start
out well for Martino, with George winning the first 2 games to get to
the hill first.  Martino came back though, winning the next 2 games to
beat George, 2:2.

Paul L played the second match against Tim in a 2:4.  Tim's really
good, unfortunately for Paul, and he shut Paul out, 0:4.

Next was Craig against Jason in a 2:3.  It was a pretty even match,
but Jason took the lead by winning the first 2 games.  Craig wasn't
phased though and won the next game to take the match to hill-hill.
The final game was anyone's, but Craig persevered and came out on top,
winning the game and and his first match in his return to the league,
2:2!

Tami played the fourth match against Jeff in a 2:2.  Tami was shooting
well and got to the 8 first in the first game, but just missed sinking
it into a side pocket when it caught the tip, giving Jeff a chance to
catch-up and sink the 8 to win the first game.  Tami continued to
shoot well however, and took the second game.  In the third game,
Tami's aim left her unfortunately as she stuggled to make shots,
giving Jeff plenty of opportunities to sink his balls and eventually
the 8 for the match win over Tami, 1:2.

I played the final match of the night against Ron in a 1:8.  My only
chance, I figured, was to win the lag and sink the 8 on the break.  I
won the lag, and on the break...I didn't sink the 8, but I did sink a
ball which I followed up with 4 more.  I missed my 6th ball though,
giving Ron a turn which of course he used to run all of his balls and
the 8.  In the second game, Ron uncharacteristically gave me not 1 but
2 turns at the table, which I used to run all my balls and the 8 for
the game and match, 1:1.

So we got 3 matches on the night, back on the winning track!

In other news, we've now used up all but $14 of our winnings from last
Spring, so for the rest of the session, we'll each need to pay our $7
match fee whenever we play.  With the remaining $14, the fee for the
first 2 players to win their match next week is covered.  Martino &
Paul L had already fed the envelope before I arrived tonight, so they
each have a match credit.