[POOL] APL Week 12

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Apr 3 10:07:16 CDT 2019

Week 12 is complete and attached are the standings, stats and results.  Please review for accuracy.

Standings.  Congratulations to Brandon Lien on the birth of his new baby, and the really big news, he’s still in first place for the MVP.  But the gap is closing with Jim Kruger in 2nd (he only let Dean shoot once and that was off his safety) and in 3rd place is a surging Josh White.  Watch out Brandon.  Team 8 is solidly in 1st place and with 2 weeks left, their magic number is 4.

Playoffs begin April 23.  The match up and weekly progression of matches will remain unchanged from previous years, however the payoffs will be adjusted per last falls decision.  It will be as follows.

3W   4/20 =20%
2W1L 3/20 =15% (three teams with this score: WWL, WLW, and LWW)
1W2L 2/20 =10% (three teams with this score: WLL, LWL, and LLW)
3L   1/20 =5%

Buffet.  We are working out the final details for a buffet which should look very similar to past years.  It will be the final week of pool, May 7.  Remember, that night will be free pool and food so we should try to get everyone out.  Prize money will also be paid out then.

Periscope was working well last night and we have several matches.  Check it out.

Summer play.   This summer we will again have our Argonne summer play nights the last Tuesday of each month.  More details will follow.

Week    Date    Table 1 Table 2 Table 3 Table 4
Number

14      16-Apr-19       2       -       4       1       -       8       3       -       6       5       -       7

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking
8       Holdin' Our Own 39      1
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      32      2
3       Bass Ackward    31      3
1       Cue Therapy     30      4
7       No Sweat        30      4
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      28      6
6       X-CUE-SES       28      6
4       Nice Rack       22      8