[POOL] Pool starts again tonight

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 10:37:22 CST 2019

Happy New Year Moe!

The Winter Session for the Argonne Pool League starts tonight!  We had
a pretty good Fall session, and I'm sure we'll be even better this
session.

I don't know yet what our winnings will be from the fall, but whatever
it is, we'll use it to pay for our session dues ($5/player) and
nightly match fees ($7) until it runs out, as we usually do.  I don't
think we'll have enough to cover the whole session like last time, but
we should enough for a few weeks of free pool at least.

No rules changes for the Winter; the cash penalty for make-up matches
was voted down, and the handicap adjustments/free ball-in-hand for
negative handicappers was put on hold pending further discussion.  The
5:30 PM start time remains though.

See you all at Q!