[POOL] APL Week #9

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Nov 14 10:28:57 CST 2018

Attached are the schedule, standings and results.  Please review for accuracy.  You can also visit our website https://blogs.anl.gov/billiards/ for standings, schedule, hall of fame, stats, rules, etc.

League standings - Team 7 continues to win and remains in first place, with a make up match to play.  Matthew Li continues to win in the race for MVP.  Don’t let his mild mannered demeanor fool you.  This guy is on fire.  Steve Clancy also won, keeping the pressure on.  He’s another one that can sneak up on you.  And look who’s in 3rd place, Tami Martin, last sessions MVP.  Clearly she’s not done winning.   And there is still plenty of time for others to make a run.

Periscope is back - There are 3 matches on periscope from last night.  Bobby Crews v Andy Ferguson, Tim Tryska v Bob Pomazal, and Dean Bass v Kevin Felker.  For those not familiar, Periscope is an app that we think is only assessable on smart phones and tablets that allows us to stream matches live and rewatch them for some period of time afterwards (a week?).  Many people like to have their matches broadcast so they can rewatch themselves later (its a good way to see what your doing, good or bad), or for friends and family to watch remotely.  To use it, down load the app, register and then look for the Argonne Pool League.   Tim Tryska has offered to help with the streaming so see him, Dean or Dave if you’d like to have your match broadcast.  Also let us know if you don’t want it broadcast.  Finally, Ron Shepard and I are planning to play a straight pool match as part of a different league competition.  I hope to broadcast that starting at 7pm at the latest.

Week    Date    Table 1 Table 2 Table 3 Table 4
Number

10      20-Nov-18       1       -       4       7       -       8       3       -       5       2       -       6

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking
7       No Sweat        29      1
3       Bass Ackward    27      2
8       Holdin' Our Own 25      3
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      24      4
1       Cue Therapy     19      5
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      19      5
4       Nice Rack       18      7
6       X-CUE-SES       18      7