[POOL] July Argonne Pool night

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Aug 1 11:11:31 CDT 2018

Our 3rd Argonne Summer Pool night went well.  We had 13 players in the tournament and actually almost as many there socializing and enjoying a break from outdoor activities.   I think the straight pool was fun and a new experience for most.  The handicap system worked well, mostly.  After the first round, we had to cut the races in half to speed things up.  It was mostly a problem with the higher handicap players, who were probably better at defense and had to go to higher races.  I’m glad we gave it a try, it seemed everyone had a good time.  Thanks to Q again for donating the gift cards.  The tournament finished as follows:

1.  Fred Frus
2.  Andrew Chuang
3.  Gary Wiezorek
4.  Bob Daun

Our next Argonne Pool night will be Tuesday, August 28 and the tournament will be 8 ball.  Also remember, our regular session starts September 18.